The Overburden Slusher system of stripping.
Operating cost benefits through lower OS
OS advantages are
power and diesel fuel used in deep strip mining.
- Spoil rehabilitation with
recontouring integral to stripping.
- An opportunity exists to
retrofit existing draglines and shovels.
- Major geotechnical
benefits due to low angle spoil bank and ability to remove unstable
floor materials, or pick up collapsed slopes.
- Better utilisation
of deep strip multi seam coal resource.
- Simplify pit layouts for multi
seam mining and deeper open cut strip mines.
- Reduce stripping-in-advance
- Increased use of cast
- Increased stripping capacity,
at reduced capital costs due to more power efficiency with less
- Can replace low wall ramps with
high wall and spoil bank access.
- Partial strip lengths give
better access scheduling, limits wet weather restrictions, and
improved coal quality planning.
- Strip width variations give
options for in-pit inventory levels and stripping capacities.
- Incremented stripping capacity,
using additional dozers and changed stripping widths, is
possible with OS.
- We have software to evaluated
all combinations of pit layout and winching power options and can
quantify the above benefits for your property.
- The OS has important water
conservation potential as illustrated in the Lake Eyre Basin
Development Proposal, copy available here.
friendly version of the technical bulletin is available here.
systems at: TOPNET,
|Return to the