1. Overburden Slusher - Patents issued: Aust.576437 (expired), Sth.Af.#86/7510
(expired), US#4731941 (expires 30th September
2006, relinquished), Canada#1288735 (expires 10th September 2008,
relinquished). The patent
proposes a new process for removing deep overburden above coal or shale deposits,
and promises a system of stripping which is cheaper and more flexible than
2. Excavating Hoe - Australian Patent 661202 (expires 13th October 2013,
relinquished) US.Pat.#5515624 (expires 28th January 2014, relinquished),
Canada#2140806 (expires 23rd January 2015, relinquished);shows a volumetrically efficient excavating hoe
design suitable for use in both open cut and underground mines and includes
a motorised hoe.
3. Co-axial Pipe Conveyor - Patents: Aust.#613799 (expires 13thOctober 2009, relinquished), US#5,042,646 (expires 13th October 2009, relinquished). The patent proposes a flexible conveyor capable of variations to horizontal and vertical curving, during operation.
4. Pipe Conveyor idler drive system for CoAxial Pipe and Trough conveyors. Australian Patent Application 32549/00 (5 May 2000) AusPat#776048 Accepted 12 Aug 2004 (expires 5thMay 2020, relinquished). Application details preferred arrangement for driving and supporting a conveyor belt between the end-pulleys.
5. Load Retaining Net for Exavating Hoe or Bucket - Aust.#696214 (expires 22nd April 2016, relinquished), ZA#96/3357 (expires 22nd April 2016, relinquished). Application details preferred arrangement for constructing load retaining nets.
6. Truck Jig -Patent issued: Aust.581807 (expired), Sth.Af.ZA87/1997 (expired), US.PA282859 (expired). The process describes a more energy-efficient method for elevating trucks from deep open cut mines, by using a system of inclined hoisting.
7. Dragline-Hopper-Transport Apparatus - Preliminary specification PI#8139 lodged 6/5/88 and assigned to ACIRL (since relinquished) on behalf of the Australian Coal Association. The processes aim to increase the use of dragline equipment at deep open cut mines.
The BOSMIN® trade mark is registered in Australia under classes 7, 12, 37 and 42.
Return to BOSMIN® Home Page.